Friday, February 22, 2008

Sleepless in Singpaore: On the road to Malaysia

I am leaving for Kuala Lumpur in 30 minutes and I will be away for 1 week. I will be going to Bangkok as well and it should be an interesting experience. The whole planning process has been pretty tedious because our initial plan was to go to Cambodia and Vietnam. However, due to lack of interest and time, we scrapped the idea and went with this one instead. It is, however, fun to plan out all the different things that one could do in a new country. At the same time, it can be frustrating if we repeatedly change it.

So, our plan is to got to Kuala Lumpur, then Batu Caves and some famous mosque, then go to Cameron Highlands, which is apparently a beautiful place with strawberry and tea plantations. Then we will go to Teman Negara, which is a very big and beautiful tropical rainforest. It will be pretty adventurous and we plan to stay there for 3 days and 2 nights! I hear there are treehouses there and you can stay up there for the night! Sometimes, you can see tigers walking by and such! However, I dont know if they do that anymore and if WE are doing it. But the jungle trip should be a good experience.

Then we come back to KL and fly to Bangkok,where we will stay for 3 days. After that, we come back to Johor Bahru, Malaysia and take a bus to Singapore. It should be a good trip and we seem to have enough time to see the places properly. There is a bit of excitement and a bit of nervousness.. Excitement, for obvious reasons, and nervousness mainly because this is the first time I have planned a trip to ANOTHER COUNTRY on my own and am traveling alone. So, it should be a good experience and it will give me a lot to write about.

I am soo behind on my blog though.. There is still soo much to write about Singapore. I was working on writing about the Chinese New Year, but I got interrupted and never got back to it. I also intend to write about Singaporeans and Kiasu.. So many more things to come.. so stay tuned!

Anyway, I will get going now.. Cheerag up, up and away!!!

No comments: